The Rare Book Collection supports legal education and research at The University of Texas by preserving and interpreting canonical and foundational legal works in both the civil and common law traditions, with a special emphasis on Texas legal history and precusors of Texas law. The navigation above will guide you to more information on our collection strengths and current programming.
- Location: Room 4.209, 4th Floor, Tarlton Law Library
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-12 noon, 1-5pm
- Elizabeth Haluska-Rausch, Curator of Rare Books email@example.com
- Phone: (512) 232-3802
- Fax: (512) 471-0243
- Mailing address: 727 E. Dean Keeton St., Austin, TX 78705-3224
- Directions and parking information
Using the Rare Books Collection
The collection is non-circulating and must be used in the Special Collections Reading Room. Rare books are generally available for use, providing that the guidelines for the Reading Room are followed. While an appointment is not required, it is recommended. If you are coming from outside Austin, we especially urge you to contact us in advance, so that we can help you make the most of your research visit.