- No food or drink is permitted.
- Requests for materials will not be accepted after 4:30 p.m.
- No materials may be removed from the reading room.
- Pencils only.
- The use of laptop computers is encouraged.
- Researchers must exercise all possible care to prevent damage to materials.
- Researchers may request up to five rare books at a time.
- Researchers may handle no more than one archival container at a time.
- All permissions needed for publication are the researcher’s responsibility.
- Rare Books may not be photocopied.
- Digital photography without a flash is permitted at the discretion of the department.
- Photo reproduction of archival materials is possible at the discretion of the department.
- There is a strict limit of one hundred pages per collection for onsite visitors.
- There is a strict limit of twenty-five pages per collection for remote requests.
- Staff will photocopy the material. No exceptions.
- Requests will be honored in the order in which they are received.
- Please be prepared to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery.